Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just My Luck



Luck! A magical word in everyone's life. Luck can work wonders. I have always been superstitious and believed that the events that happened in my life are related to what I have done earlier in my life. And in some way i could testify my theory with some strange citations. Yet believing in my theory gave me great elation and so I continued to believe in my luck. A recent incident in my life hyperbolized my faith on luck..

It was a cool Monday morning and I headed for my college as usual with the "Monday morning hangover" (A strange feel of slothfulness that creeps into one after having a comfy day at home on Sunday). As I had reached the college an hour earlier I headed right into the college library. ( Inspite of being idyllic, I reached college earlier because there were no buses that reached m college exactly on time). I entered the library after identifying myself to the leery librarian who always suspected that every student came into the library with the intention of "book lifting".

The library was deserted except for few geeks who were as common as the dust in the library :). The calm ambiance gave me immense piece of mind and I started going through one of my favorite magazines. When I felt blaséd with the magazine, I replaced the magazine very gingerly onto its rack, as I was aware that the librarian was keeping an eye on everyone in the room. Then I headed towards the book racks that had books pertaining to Computers and caught sight of a book that I was hunting for a long time. I got the book to the librarian and had it hired for a week. Soon I left for my class room and started going through the book. It was then that I noticed a Sim card unretentively placed inside the book. As usual, I was too lazy to step down to the library on ground floor in order to return the sim card to the librarian so that she can take measures to pass it on to its possessor. I was in a dilemma on whether to return it back to the librarian or just throw it away into the trash can. Then, I decided to just leave it grounded in the same book where I had found it and to return the book along with the sim, a week later. But yet I was having a strange feeling of guilt. I felt that I was being dishonest and yucky. So I made up my mind and headed straight to the library. Then as I entered the library to return the sim, I found one of my senior having a talk with the librarian and pleading to her to help him get back his sim. The problem was that he had returned several books the previous day and he couldn't make out, in which book he had obliviously placed the sim. Moreover, He was having a telephonic interview that day and was badly in need of the sim so as to complete his telephonic interview. For some time ,I was mutely watching the guy persuade the librarian to help him. Then without wasting anymore time, I walked towards the guy and handed over the sim to him. The guy was extremely happy to get his sim back in time and felt very grateful for my help. As I started walking out of the library, I was appalled to see my pocketbook lying on the floor. It seems it had fallen out of my bag without my notice, when I was taking out my Identity card from the bag, in order to enter the library. I felt really relieved that I could find it on time. It was sheer luck that I got it back. Had I not stepped down to return the sim card, I would have surely lost my pocketbook. I was feeling greatly happy that my theory of luck worked out again and that too in critical state of affairs. So I have a strong notion now that "What you do, Is what you get!". Hence, "Be good, Do good and Have good"!!!!

0 comments:

 

Contemplations Of My Notions Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino